Civacon’s Petroleum Manhole Covers are the perfect choice for all of your Petroleum cargo tank applications. Our Manhole Covers are ideal for use in new construction, or as a replacement cover for all DOT406 and older MC306 cargo tanks. They meet HM183 replacement requirements and178.345‐5 venting requirements. They’re precision design and construction limits leakage in a roll‐over situation to less than one liter, as required by standards.
Each features a versatile 10” aluminum vent, which is set to open at not less than 3.63PSI, and, if needed, can be safely and easily disassembled for field repairs.
Civacon manhole covers set the industry standard for precision and durability. We offer models for both 16”and 20” manhole openings, in centered and offset fill cover styles. Easy, single ordering part numbers are available, for assemblies with and without weld rings.
Features & Benefits
All include (1) Model NV3000 Pressure / Vacuum Vent installed in fill cover.
• Emergency vent is 363,500 SCFH at 6.25PSI
• Retrofits to existing weld rings
• Reversible PAF opening (hinge) direction
• Cover can be made self‐latching in the field in minutes by adding our Part No. 6261 Latching Kit
• Buna‐N gaskets are standard – optional materials are available upon request
• 10” vent can be safely and easily disassembled in the field for repairs.
• Offset Models include holes for the Vapor Valve and Overfill Detection Sensor, plus a ¼‐inch NPT weld coupling for a brass plug.
• Aluminum Weld Ring, 3‐inch high x ¼‐inch thick, type6061, included on models so designated.